The so-called “Bitcoin Jesus,” Roger Ver, has been summoned to repay over $20 million in damages to Genesis after failing to settle sure cryptocurrency choices transactions earlier than the fee deadline.
The investor has been given 20 days to reply the summons, after which he will likely be pressured to pay reparations by default.
- As reported by Offshore Alert, the submitting was submitted by a British Virgin Islands-domiciled affiliate of Genesis, which designated New York Nation because the place of trial.
- The submitting states that the choices transactions in query expired on December 30. Failing to reply the summons would require Ver to repay a minimum of $20,869,788, alongside Genesis’s prices, bills, and lawyer’s charges.
- This isn’t the primary time Ver has gotten into authorized hassle this crypto winter. In July, the Seychelles-based crypto trade CoinFlex sued Ver for $84 million for failing to repay his margin debt.
- CoinFlex had made a particular association for Ver wherein it agreed to not liquidate the collateral on his commerce when it reached the common restrict, attributable to belief in him as a counterparty. The corporate filed for restructuring in August.
- Genesis, too, has filed for chapter, after happening because the largest unsecured creditor in FTX’s chapter.
- A Genesis lawyer just lately advised a Manhattan courtroom that an settlement may very well be reached with collectors inside per week. Filings present that the corporate nonetheless has $1.6 billion value of property greater than liabilities.
- Ver is a longtime member of the crypto area, and a loud proponent of Bitcoin Money (BCH) – a Bitcoin onerous fork with an elevated block dimension restrict to facilitate sooner transactions. His margin mortgage with CoinFlex was towards BCH, which is down 53% during the last yr.
Read the full article here